What should I do if I have lost my V5 logbook?

If your V5 registration document/certificate (or the new keeper supplement) has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you will need to purchase a replacement from the DVSA at a cost of £25. You can complete a Vehicle Registration Certificate V5C Application Form (V62). This form is available from local Post Office branches, or can be downloaded by visiting: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-log-book.

If you have already registered as the vehicle keeper on the DVSA computer and there are no changes to your personal or vehicle details, you can apply for a duplicate copy by calling 0300 790 6802 using a debit/credit card for payment. If a valid V5 logbook cannot be provided, you will be charged a £200 holding fee until this is provided (refundable within 28 days once a V5 logbook is provided - non refundable thereafter).