Do I need to do anything with my part-exchange V5 logbook?

When you hand over your part-exchange V5, you need to keep Section 9 (Transfer to Trade) so you can sign, complete and return this part to the DVSA. The DVSA will then write to you within 30 days to confirm you've been removed from the vehicle record, and you will receive a road tax refund of any full month remaining from the DVSA.