At Windmill Motors, we are always looking for motivated and passionate people to join our expert team.
Established for over 25 years, we are a highly recommended and experienced, family run car dealership. As a local business near Bourne in Lincolnshire, we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best experience possible.
If you’re looking for a career in the automotive industry and believe you’ll be the perfect fit for our business, then we’d love to hear from you.
Find out more about our current vacancies, below…
We are looking for an experienced Master Technician to join our busy and friendly workshop at our Windmill Motors used car dealership based in Bourne, Lincolnshire.
The role will include servicing and repairs, alongside maintaining customers and sales vehicles to our high standards. You will be working on a variety of makes and models, delivering the best customer service possible.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Competitive Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per year, depending on experience
Working hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm, Saturday Work Available with a 1 hour unpaid break lunch.
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Requirements for the role are:
- Level 3 (NVQ, City & Guilds or equivalent) in vehicle repairs, OR an NVQ Level 2 with 5 years on the tool experience/time served.
- Experience in a main dealership or independent garage.
- Have a minimum of 4 years' work history within a vehicle repair garage.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Have a keen willingness to learn.
- Be able to provide evidence of job stability.
- Be able to work well within a team.
- MOT testing experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Be able to undertake all repair works/engine rebuilds/diagnosing.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Carrying out routine servicing and maintenance repairs (e.g. changing cambelts, clutches etc) on all makes and models.
- Undertake PDI work as well as road testing vehicles.
- Carry out diagnostics of vehicle faults.
- Repair and rectify electrical and mechanical defects to a high standard.
- Liaising with the dealership manager when technical advice is required.
- Preparing vehicles for sale.
- Using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Happy to communicate with all staff and the dealership manager.
- Have an organised and positive attitude approach to the varied work involved.
- MOT licence would be advantageous.
- Have a full driving licence.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, discount on parts, free MOT and use of workshop (for your own vehicle)
- Discounted MOT and servicing for Immediate Family
- 28 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
- On-site parking.