Have complete peace of mind when you purchase a used car or van from Windmill Motors. We have teamed up with Aviva to provide fully comprehensive 5-day drive away insurance for our customers, priced at just £21.95.
What is 5-Day Driveaway Insurance?
If you require temporary insurance cover for a vehicle, then 5-day drive away insurance is the answer. This short-term cover can be arranged for you in minutes, so you’ll be able to drive your new Windmill Motors car off the forecourt as soon as you’ve completed the purchase.
Our temporary 5-day vehicle insurance won’t affect any existing policy you may have in place, nor will it affect a planned long-term policy on your vehicle.
Why do you need 5-Day Driveaway Insurance?
Remove the hassle of arranging your own short-term insurance, whilst you implement the best deal long-term insurance policy for your vehicle. Our 5-day drive away Aviva insurance will provide you with fully comprehensive cover and means you can drive your new-to-you car or van straight away.
It’s a quick and easy process which we’ll put in place for you with our trusted provider. Drive home happy with complete peace of mind!
5-Day Driveaway Insurance Criteria
Customers need to fulfil a certain list of criteria in order to take advantage of our 5-day drive away cover insurance...
As the driver, you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 75 (the minimum age may vary depending on individual circumstances).
- Hold a current, valid, full UK driving licence, and have done so for at least 6 months (reduced to 3 months if aged over 25).
- Have a current permanent address as stated throughout this application, (please note you may be asked to provide proof of residence in the event of a claim).
- Have had no more than 1 fault claim in the last 12 months.
- Have had no more than 9 penalty points and have had no disqualifications in the last 18 months.
- Have had no motoring offence in the last 3 years with the Conviction Offence Code prefixes DR, CD, DD, UT or DG.
- Have had no motoring offence in the last 6 months with the Conviction Offence Code prefix IN or CU80.
- Do not have any unspent criminal convictions (other than motor offences).
- Have never been refused insurance or had a policy cancelled.
- Have permission from the owner to drive the vehicle and you have agreed to insure it, as you have responsibility for loss or damage.
The car must:
- Be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
- Have a current market value of less than £75,000.
- Have no more than 8 seats (including the driver’s seat).
- Not be a hire or rental vehicle, or leased under an agreement of 12 months or less duration.
- Not be a seized vehicle or in a police compound.
- Have no engine modifications, body kits, or alloy wheels unless fitted by the manufacturer, or were manufacturer optional extras – unless specifically carried out for a disabled driver or passenger.
- Not be imported from another country through channels other than the maker’s official distribution system.
- Not be a type of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV).
- Not be over 3.5 Tonnes Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
- Have an engine size of 3999cc or less.
*Available for vehicles up to 10 years old. (Aviva T&C’s Apply).
Ask in store for further details or fill out the accompanying Driveaway Insurance enquiry form.